Follow This Blog

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Koropokkuru-sansou (コロポックル山荘) | Soba Restaurant in the Forest | Ebetsu

Today, I set a quick access to my favorite soba (buckwheat) noodle  restaurant in my navigation system.
We went through a countryside like this↓

The restaurant is on the hill and we turned off the pavement onto this dirt road↓

We arrived the destination! 

There's nothing but this building.
But whenever we visit this shop, some customers are always enjoying soba here even though it is located on the hill. Amazing! Where do they come from????

We entered the house.
Look at the atmosphere! Very traditional Japanese style, isn't it?

I remember this "museum" clock was in my grandma's house !! That reminds me of my grandma smiling all the time!

Through the window, we can enjoy the nature and fresh air! Very relaxing!!!

I've already known this owner takes apprentices, but today I discovered "A" name on the plate. I met the person through my job last month! What a small world!

Whatever you order, you can eat this deep-fried soba as an appetizer.
It's full of soba flavor!

First, we ordered this cold soba with vegetable tempura!
If you appreciate soba itself and its flavor, I really recommend cold soba! The handmade noodles are unbelievably wonderful!!!
 

Next, we eat this warm soba with tempura!
This is a warm version of the first soba, but tastes really different!

Last but not least, we ate this cold soba with grated bitter daikon radish, the most popular soba menu in this restaurant. Usually Japanese eat soba with grated wasabi condiment, but I prefer this Japanese horseradish.

Looks & smells very delicious, doesn't it? I love this soba flavor! Do you know that it's polite to slurp up noodles in Japan? Of course, I enjoyed slurping :)

After eating soba, we enjoyed this soba soup. I love it!

I want to come here again in the soba harvesting season in order to eat freshly harvested soba! Smells very different!!

■Area information■
This restaurant is in Ebetsu.
See? The shop is in the forest :)
View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!