Follow This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Kikuyo Syokudou (きくよ食堂)| Seafood Dining | Hakodate Fish Market

I'm in Hakodate (函館) now!!!

I should get up early, and go to the Hakodate Fish Market (函館朝市)!!! Actually I have a custom to jog in the morning every day, and it is not difficult to do so. How lucky I am!!

Yesterday I jogged around the Motomachi area (元町地区)on the hill, and enjoyed historical buildings and beautiful scenery from the higher ground!
(*If you are interested in the historical beautiful hilly area, please refer to my other post→click here!)

This is Hakodate Morning Market↓

Look at the seafood! All of them are very fresh!

I went to Kikuyo Syokudou (きくよ食堂), one of the most traditional seafood restaurants around here, founded in 1956

They serve a wide variety of seafood dishes, the most popular and famous of which is "Ganso Hakodate Tomoedon (元祖函館巴丼)", a bowl of rice topped with fresh scallop, sea urchin, and ikura or salmon roe.!! Yummy x 2!!

I recommend "Ikasomen (イカソーメン)" or fresh squid sashimi made of alive squid↓ Surprisingly (or naturally), it is still moving when it served! Hahaha!

I also recommend "Benijyake Harasuyaki (紅鮭ハラス焼)", char-grilled red salmon belly. It's very appetizing!

Anyway, let's enter it! I arrived at this dining at 6:30 in the morning, and I was the first customer here! Yes!!!

As you can see, this is a very popular restaurant!!

Voila!
This is "Tomoedon (巴丼)". I hope you can see how fresh the seafood is!!! I love the local sea urchin the best!!!

Look at this poster! They serve a special seafood bowl served only in this main dining (本店). I have to try it, too! Hahaha!

Here we go!
This is "Sakenoousama oyako yukhoe bukkakedon (鮭の王様 親子ユッケぶっかけ丼)", a bowl of rice topped with dices of king salmon, salmon roe, squid, avocado, and wakame leaves (めかぶ).

Wow! Wow! Wow! It's like a seafood jewel box!!!

Mix them together and

eat it! Yummy x 2!! The rice is also cooked over charcoal, and it has distinctive aroma!!! Perfect!

*If you need general information about the Hakodate Fish Market (函館朝市), please refer to my other post→click here!

■Where is the "Hakodate Morning Market (函館朝市)"?
It is across from the JR Hakodate Station↓

View Larger Map

■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?I'll guide you! Plz click here!